In this recipe we used Lemongrass, Chillies & Ginger, grown in our greenhouse.
Ingredients, for two
2 x salmon steaks or fillets
½ x tablespoon of lemon grass, finely chopped
1 x small red chilli, finely sliced
1 cm (0.5 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1x lime zest and juice (you might just want to use half a lime, I’m a bit lime obsessed)
1 x tablespoon of soy sauce (I use the light one)
1 x teaspoon of sugar
A couple of grinds of black pepper
Pinch of salt
What to do
1. Place the salmon steaks in a shallow dish.
2. Mix all the ingredients (except the salmon!) together in a bowl and pour over the salmon. Leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat the grill to high.
4. Remove the salmon from the marinade and place onto a non stick baking tray.
5. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, basting with the marinade.
6. Serve with noodles or steamed vegetables, I also love it with a zesty white wine.
Recipe by Emma Lowther-Wright