Our visitor greenhouse is in the pretty village of Mawdesley in Lancashire. Just off J27 of the M6.
We've been visited by the Guardian, Kitchen Garden and BBC North West Tonight,.
Our Greenhouse Address
Towngate Works, Dark Lane
Lancashire, L40 2QU
Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 16:00
Saturday: 10:00 – 15:30
Visit our greenhouse for a tour of our bananas, papaya, ginger and naranjilla along with more familiar plants including tomatoes, chillies and sweet peppers. If the fruits of our labour are ripe, we’ll even give you a goody bag of edibles to take away with you.
Some of our chilli plants can be up to 8ft (2.5m) tall and the tomatoes up to 20ft tall.
The plants are all grown in the planters we design and make, and the greenhouse carries a selection of stock of our planters and propagators, so you can buy from the greenhouse and save on postage.
One of our Gardening Angels will give you a tour of the greenhouse, so take the opportunity to ask all those questions that have always niggled you (about gardening that is, we don’t know the meaning of life, or how to revive a goldfish – sorry!)
Visits do not have to be pre-arranged but if you do call ahead we can make sure we put the kettle on. To book a visit contact Greenhouse Sensation on:
Phone: 01704 822609
1. Leave the M6 at J27. Follow signs for Parbold.
2. Take your second right onto Moss Lane. You will pass the Wrightington Hotel on your right.
3. Take your first right onto Courage Low Lane. Continue for approximately 2 miles.
4. Take your second left onto Bentley Lane.
5. Take your first right onto Ridley Lane. There is a Welcome to Mawdesley sign here.
6. Ridley Lane takes you directly onto Dark Lane.
We are on Towngate Works – which only has a very small sign, the entrance to Towngate Works is between two bungalows.
Click here for Google Map directions.