Looking to get a head start on the growing season, our Gardening Angels have already sown the first batch of chilli seeds for the year. By planting early and providing a warm growing environment, the plants will be ready to be moved into our Quadgrows and Chilligrows in time for spring, leading us to a bumper harvest.
This year, we are growing Joe’s Long, Hungarian Carot, Hungarian Black, Ring of Fire, Lemondrop, Fresno Supreme, Padron and Friar’s Hat.
If you are looking to start growing chilli seeds, here’s how to get started in 5 simple steps:
1. Use a dibber to create holes around 5-10mm deep
2. Place seeds individually into each hole
3. Refill the holes and cover the seeds with compost
4. Flatten and even out the soil with a tamper
5. Water seeds, then place into a Heated Vitopod Propagator
If you have any more questions about growing chillies, what chillies to grow and what tools you’ll need for the job, please feel free to get in touch on 0845 602 3774 or drop us an email at email@example.com, we’re always happy to hear from you!