The tomatoes in our Greenhouse are now starting to outgrow their tray within just over 2 weeks of being planted, so they must now be moved into a new, larger home.
Once your seedlings have germinated, move them into larger pots to allow them more room to grow; this process is called “pricking out”. Here’s how you can prick out your seedlings in less than 10 simple steps:
1. Begin by filling a new pot with fresh compost
2. Using a dibber, create a hole large enough for the seedling
3. Loosen the compost surrounding your seedlings
4. Carefully lift seedlings out by their leaves
5. Move the seedling over to its new pot
6. Repeat with all healthy looking seedlings
7. Water all your newly potted seedlings
8. Flick up leaves to encourage healthy growth
9. Return your newly potted seedlings to the Vitopod Electric Propagator
If you have any further questions about pricking out, growing your own tomatoes or just a general gardening query, please feel free to get in touch with our Gardening Angels on 0845 602 3774 or by email on email@example.com
You can also find more information in our handy tomato growing guide.