Protect potted plants from slugs naturally with this essential copper tape.
This effective natural barrier is safe to use around children, pets and wildlife. Simply attach to your pots or around the base of your pots. The copper tape will create a natural barrier protecting susceptible plants such as hostas, patio plants, strawberries, lettuce, vegetables and many other plants from slug damage.
Heavy rain and warm weather often creates the perfect breeding and living conditions for slugs & snails. These resistant creatures which are capable of surviving harsh environments before breeding.
When slugs attempt to move onto the copper tape, they'll feel discomfort, similar to silver/tin foil on amalgam fillings in the mouth. At this point, slugs will normally move away leaving a slime trail. Others will not move so as to prevent further discomfort.
This adhesive copper tape can easily be cut to size. Includes clip strip. Ask us a question
Advantages of Slugs & Snails
Although slugs & snails aren’t our favourite garden wildlife, however if you have a natural garden, they make up an important food source for many of our favourite wildlife including birds, hedgehogs, frogs, toads and beneficial insects.
They’ll even happily munch on rotting vegetation for us and in a compost heap they can be a valuable part of the composting process. They all make up the natural balance of our environment, so removing too many would upset the natural balance.
Reducing Slug Damage
1) Dark Damp Areas - Slugs & snails love dark damp places to live so make sure you keep your plants free from fallen leaves.
2) Take a Torch - On mild, damp evenings, go out with a torch and handpick these slimy critters if you’re not too squeamish. Pop them into a container and place them in a field or patch of waste ground.
3) Slug & Snail Trails - Most slugs & snails feed at night, so you will often see slime trails which will alert you to any new activity. Top Tip: Watch out for slime trails near the base of young plants as slugs and snails like to strip away young branches over night.
4) Attract Natural Predators - Hedgehogs, some birds, frogs, toads, slow-worms and ground beetles love to munch on slugs and snails so try attracting them with a handy wildlife habitat.
5) Alternative Methods - Surround the plants you want to protect with copper tape or rings, or sprinkle egg shells or used coffee grounds round the base to create a natural barrier to prevent Slugs and Snails crossing over.
1x 5m roll of copper tape with adhesive backing
1x clip strip
The maximum Mainland UK Delivery charge is £4.95
98% of our orders are delivered 2 workings days after the order is placed.
When your order is dispatched you will receive an email confirming the delivery date and a one hour delivery time slot (except for FeederMats, Nutrigrow replenishments, vouchers and seeds which are sent by Royal Mail)
UK Mainland Standard Delivery: £4.95*
UK Mainland Replenishment Delivery (FeederMats, Nutrigrow refills): £2.95*
For orders outside of the UK please click HERE:
You can add 'If Out' delivery instructions (e.g. leave in the garage) when you place your order. If you are not in and have not provided 'If Out' instructions the driver will leave a card with instructions of how to arrange re-delivery or collection from your local depot.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide instructions on how to return the goods. They must be returned in their original condition and packaging within 14 days of receipt and we will issue a full refund. (excluding the original delivery charge). If an item is damaged / faulty please notify us within 30 days.
N:B Definition of UK Mainland
UK Mainland is defined as postcodes on mainland England, Wales and Scotland excluding the following postcodes.
AB31-38, AB40-56, IV1-28 , IV30-32, IV36-49, IV51-56, IV63, KA27-28, KW, PA20-38, PA41-49, PA60-70, PH4-44, and PH49-50.
Delivery to the above postcodes incurs a surcharge, which will be displayed when you enter your postcode.
*We are charged a minimum of £15 for delivery to the above postcodes, Islands and Ireland and we cap our charge to those areas at £15