Mellow Pumpkin and Cashew Curry
Harvesting pumpkins this year? Why not use the delicious flesh to make this flavoursome homemade curry? It also uses onion, garlic and chilli - how many of your own ingredients can you grow in your garden or allotment?
- Heat a dry frying pan over a moderate heat. Toast the coriander, black onion and fennel seeds and the turmeric for 3-4mins until the coriander seeds begin to pop. Add the oil and heat through.
- Add onion, chilli and garlic, cover and cook until soft (about 5-6mins). Add the tamarind paste and tomato puree.
- Stir in the pumpkin and cashew nuts, coconut milk and enough hot water to cover the pumpkin.
- Season with salt, cover and simmer for 10-15mins.
- Before serving stir in the freshly chopped coriander, check seasoning and serve in a bowl with naan bread or on a bed of rice.
For a meaty variation of this recipe, add some cooked diced lamb with the pumpkin. We'd love to hear what you're cooking up with your pumpkins this year! Email us at email@example.com
Grow your own ingredients!
Growing your own delicious vegetables is made easier than ever with our Plant Guardian self-watering planters. Just keep the SmartReservoir topped up and your crops will be perfectly watered, without the risk of diseases like root rot. This means healthier plants, better harvest and more amazing homegrown food for you!
We have planters perfect for growing your own herbs, chillies, tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes, cucumbers, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, garlic and loads more!
Share This With Your Friends!