1 medium ripe papaya
1 fresh pineapple, (optional)
1 diced crisp, sharp apple such as Granny Smith
1 small red onion
1 chili pepper, finely chopped – we used a new season Georgia Flame
1 garlic clove
2 tsp lime zest
Juice of ½ lime
1 tbsp coriander leaf
1. Chop the garlic and coriander and add to a medium sized bowl.
2. Quarter the papaya lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and remove the skin. Dice and add to the bowl.
3. If you are using pineapple, peel and chop the pineapple and add to the bowl. Add the diced apple.
4. Finely chop the red onion and add the lime juice and zest and chopped chilli.
5. Combine all the ingredients and chill before serving.
Kebabs, curries, barbecued meats,
We enjoyed our salsa with some Chicken Tikka flavoured kebabs.