The tomatoes and chillies in our Heated Vitopod Propagator have been enjoying the sunlight for the last few weeks (between the rain and snow showers!) and are growing spectacularly!
Gardening Angel Paul loves the incredible yields he achieves with his Vivigrow Planter. Roots grow in super-aerated water rather than soil, providing better access to oxygen and keeping them perfectly watered.
To begin with, we have selected the healthiest looking Country Taste, Cristal & Indigo Rose tomato seedlings from the Vitopod.
How to Transplant from Pots to a Vivigrow Planter
1. Lay a spreader mat onto the Vivigrow Basin to help spread water and nutrients to the plants roots.
2. Add water and nutrients to the Vivigrow’s reservoir.
3. Carefully remove your plants from their pots.
4. We recommend tying your plants to support rails or support frames with our roller hook supports. Wrap the string around the compost.
5. Place the plants into the Vivigrow.
6. Place cube cap covers over the soil to protect your plants from pests.
Growing in a Vivigrow Planter makes a big difference to plant health and crop size as wet soil contains very little air. The less air the roots can access, the less water and nutrients they can absorb. That’s why over-watering is the leading cause of greenhouse plant demise and disappointing harvests.
By upgrading to the Vivigrow Bundle, you will also receive a support frame & roller hooks, reservoir heater and cube cap covers to provide your plants with the ultimate growing set up!
If you’d like to know more about the plants and planters we are using in our greenhouse or have any general gardening questions, please feel free to get in touch with our Gardening Angels on 0845 602 3774 or drop us an email on email@example.com. We’re always happy to hear from you!