We have started growing our own potatoes in the Quadgrow Root Veg Planter. Take a look as Gardening Angel Paul plants out our potatoes in this video.
This year we are growing Lady Christl First Early potatoes in our Quadgrow Root Veg Planter. We have been chitting these spuds for around 5 weeks and they have started to develop healthy shoots. We’re looking forward to harvesting them in around 10-12 weeks’ time. Here is how we planted them
1. Feed 2 FeederMats through the base of each of your pots
2. Partially Fill the Pot with Compost (To around the 30% mark)
3. Plant your potatoes into the compost
4. Plant between 2-5 potatoes per pot
5. Fill your pots up so they are around half full. This will leave room for you to earth up later in the season
6. Water your potatoes and FeederMats
7. Feed your FeederMats through the Feeder Tray and into the Smart Reservoir
8. Do not fill up the SmartReservoir for the first week after planting your potatoes. They will have enough water to keep them going until this time
If you would like to know more about growing your own potatoes, take a look at our comprehensive potato growing guide.
If you have any questions about growing potatoes or about how to use our Quadgrow Root Veg Planter, please feel free to get in touch with our Gardening Angels on 0845 602 3774 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always happy to help!