Gardening Angel Paul has been setting up our Chilligrow Planter to plant out our 11 week old Bolivian Rainbow chillies, grown with the help of our Vitopod Heated Propagator. Take a look at our quick video to see just how easy it is to set up our Chilligrow Planter.
Chilligrow Chilli Planter. This self-watering planter is incredibly easy to set up and help will help you produce 2x larger yields in 8 simple steps
1. Feed the FeederMats through the large hole on the base of your pots, pointy end up.
2. Fill up your pot with multi-purpose compost leaving enough room for your plants.
3. Ensure your plant has developed strong, white roots, then plant into your pot.
4. Fill up the remainder of the pot with compost
5. Water your plants and FeederMats so they are damp but not saturated
6. Feed the FeederMats through the holes in the Feeder Tray
7. Ensure the FeederMats are touching the base of your SmartReservoir
8. Do not fill up your SmartReservoir for 1 week.
Find more tips about growing chillies in our brilliant chilli growing guide.
When adding nutrients to the water in your SmartReservoir, always check the nutritional information on your compost packet. Most multi-purpose composts will provide plants with sufficient nutrients for up to 1 month, so you will not need to add additional nutrients until after this time.
The Chilligrow Planter has been developed in co-operation with chilli growing experts to provide the best possible growing environment for your chillies. Our customers have grown 2x larger chilli harvests than with growbags or standard pots thanks to our Chilligrow’s clever design.
If you have any more questions about growing your own chillies or our Chilligrow Planter, please feel free to get in touch on 0845 602 3774 or drop us an email on email@example.com. We’re always happy to help.