"Best Buy Propagator" BBC Gardeners' World.
The most respected and popular heated propagator available.
Available in two length options (55cm and 111cm) and three height options (single, double and triple) and height extensions can be added at any time.
Our Vitopod Heated propagator has won many awards including BBC Gardeners World 'Best Buy' and Grow Your Own magazine 'Most Innovative Product' because it provides the perfect environment for seeds, cuttings and over-wintered plants.
- Spacious - The 100 watt Vitopod measures an impressive L111cm x W58cm and fits 12x half seed trays or 55 pots! The 50 watt measures L56cm x W55cm.
- Precise control - the Vitopod's thermostat can be set to any 1°C between 5°C and 30°C to meet the exact needs of your plants. No other heated propagator gives such range and precision.
- Height adjustable - the Vitopod can be bought as single, double or triple height and height extensions can be bought at any time. Each extension is15cm tall, so you can protect taller plants without heating your greenhouse. It effectively turns into a mini greenhouse!
- Even heat - heat is distributed evenly throughout the base, so there are no hot or cold spots. Seeds germinate evenly with higher success rates.
- Accurate temperature sensor - triggers the supply of heat depending on the sensor reading, maintaining the right temperature without wasting electricity.
- Large vents - for humidity control, so your plants don’t dampen-off.
- Robust - this electric propagator is built to last. The lids and sides are treated to prevent yellowing.
- Extended 2 year warranty only when bought from Greenhouse Sensation
As featured on The Times, BBC Beechgrove Garden, BBC Gardeners World
Vitopod Light Support Kit - £30.00 | With 60cm Lights - £85.00 | With 90cm Lights - £105.00
Attaches to your Vitopod electric propagator to securely hold lights above the Vitopod lids. When you add a height extension to the Vitopod, simply move the brackets up. The lids can be removed without removing the lights!
The lights can be switched on and off independently of the propagator. We recommend you use the lights to extend the daylight hours to 12 hours. Use the lights from the time the seedlings appear until the daylight hours achieve 12 hours.
The lights are housed in a nanotech-enhanced reflector that reflects 99.9% of previously lost light, increases lumen availability by 300% and diffuses light deep into the plant leaves. The lights are low energy and long-lasting, typically providing 10,000 hours of light.
Vitopod New Season Kit - £14.00
Get your seeds & cuttings off to a great head start with our Vitopod new season kit. Includes:
- 50 x Wooden Seedling Labels - These reusable wooden seedling labels have space to include the variety and sowing date. Pencil markings can be easily erased, or biro markings can be removed with sandpaper making the labels reusable.
- 350g RootMagic Planting Out Granules - Contains Mychorrizae which attach themselves to the roots and form an expansion to the rootzone helping the plant to get established quickly and be more resistant to droughts.
- 6 x Seed Trays - These good quality half-seed trays, can be used time and time again. The drainage holes help to prevent waterlogging. A seed sowing essential.
Ask us a question
Standard Heated Vitopod Propagators: 50 Watt Vitopod
Space for approx. 25 seed pots or 6 half seed trays
Standard, Single Height - L56cm x W55cm x H24cm: £130.00
Standard, Double Height - L56cm x W55cm x H39cm: £159.00
Standard Triple Height - L56cm x W55cm x H55cm: £180.00
Deluxe Heated Vitopod Propagators: 100 Watt Vitopod
Space for approx. 55 seed pots or 12 half seed trays
100 Watt, Single Height - L111cm x W58cm x H24cm: £150.00
100 Watt, Double Height - L111cm x W58cm x H39cm: £165.00
100 Watt, Triple Height - L111cm x W58cm x H55cm: £190.00
The Vitopod electric propagator delivers better germination rates, more effctive over-wintering and hassle-free hardening-off of young plants. It was designed by botanists and plant geneticists and is used by many commercial nurseries as well as amateur gardeners because the benefits are based on science.
Precision temperature control
The temperature of the Vitopod propagator is accurate to within 1C and it can be set between 5°C and 30°C, so you can provide the temperature required by your particular plants. When the sensor registers that the temperature has dropped below the set temperature it gently turns up the power to increase the heat without shocking the plants. When the sensor registers the temperature has increased above the set temperature it turns the heat off. This stable, gentle temperature control results in higher germination rates, faster growth and stronger plants.
The Vitopod delivers heat evenly so every seed tray receives the same level of heat. This even heat means that propagation success rate is higher because all of the seedlings or cuttings receive the correct temperature. Other electric propagators have a heating cable in the base which results in hot spots on top of the cable and cold spots in the parts between the heating cable. The Vitopod's even heat is achieved because the heating elements are tightly packed together.
The humidity vents in the Vitopod propagator lids and sides allow you to release the condensation that builds up without removing the whole lid which would waste electricity and expose the plants to too much cold. High levels of condensation can lead to seeds, young plants and cuttings rotting. This is especially a problem at higher propagation temperatures.
You can be confident that the Vitopod provides the perfect environment for propagating seeds, cuttings and over-wintering plants.
Vitopod Propagator Extra Layers - From £30.00
Jiffy Propagation Pellets - From £2.50
Seed Trays - Pack of 6 - £3.00
Propagation Lights - From £85.00
Vitopod Thermostat - £40.00
Root Health - £8.00
Vitopod New Season Kit - £14.00
Get your seeds & cuttings off to a great head start with our Vitopod new season kit.
The maximum Mainland UK Delivery charge is £4.95
98% of our orders are delivered 2 workings days after the order is placed.
When your order is dispatched you will receive an email confirming the delivery date and a one hour delivery time slot (except for FeederMats, Nutrigrow replenishments, vouchers and seeds which are sent by Royal Mail)
UK Mainland Standard Delivery: £4.95*
UK Mainland Replenishment Delivery (FeederMats, Nutrigrow refills): £2.95*
For orders outside of the UK please click HERE:
You can add 'If Out' delivery instructions (e.g. leave in the garage) when you place your order. If you are not in and have not provided 'If Out' instructions the driver will leave a card with instructions of how to arrange re-delivery or collection from your local depot.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, email email@example.com and we will provide instructions on how to return the goods. They must be returned in their original condition and packaging within 14 days of receipt and we will issue a full refund. (excluding the original delivery charge). If an item is damaged / faulty please notify us within 30 days.
N:B Definition of UK Mainland
UK Mainland is defined as postcodes on mainland England, Wales and Scotland excluding the following postcodes.
AB31-38, AB40-56, IV1-28 , IV30-32, IV36-49, IV51-56, IV63, KA27-28, KW, PA20-38, PA41-49, PA60-70, PH4-44, and PH49-50.
Delivery to the above postcodes incurs a surcharge, which will be displayed when you enter your postcode.
*We are charged a minimum of £15 for delivery to the above postcodes, Islands and Ireland and we cap our charge to those areas at £15