Available in two length options (55cm and 111cm) and three height options (single, double and triple) and height extensions can be added at any time. The most respected and popular heated propagator available.
Why Choose The Vitopod:
Our Vitopod Heated propagator has won many awards including BBC Gardeners World 'Best Buy' and Grow Your Own magazine 'Most Innovative Product' because it provides the perfect environment for seeds, cuttings and over-wintered plants.
- Spacious - The 100 watt Vitopod fits 12x half seed trays or 55 pots! The 50 watt fits 6 half seed trays or 25 seed pots.
- Precise control - the Vitopod's thermostat can be set to any 1°C between 5°C and 30°C to meet the exact needs of your plants. No other heated propagator gives such range and precision.
- Height adjustable - the Vitopod can be bought as single, double or triple height and height extensions can be bought at any time.
Each extension is 15cm tall, so you can protect taller plants without heating your greenhouse. It effectively turns into a mini greenhouse!
- Even heat - heat is distributed evenly throughout the base, so there are no hot or cold spots. Seeds germinate evenly with higher success rates.
- Accurate temperature sensor - triggers the supply of heat depending on the sensor reading, maintaining the right temperature without wasting electricity.
- Large vents - for humidity control, so your plants don’t dampen-off.
- Robust - this electric propagator is built to last. The lids and sides are treated to prevent yellowing.
- Extended 2 year warranty only when bought from Greenhouse Sensation
As featured on The Times, BBC Beechgrove Garden, BBC Gardeners World
Video - Why the Vitopod is called the Rolls Royce of Propagators.
- 50w Single Height - L56cm x W55cm x H24cm £150
- 50w Double Height - L56cm x W55cm x H39cm £170
- 50w Triple Height - L56cm x W55cm x H55cm £205
- 100w Single Height - L111cm x W58cm x H24cm £175.00
- 100w Double Height - L111cm x W58cm x H39cm £205.00
- 100w Triple Height - L111cm x W58cm x H55cm £245.00
Add a set of lights to upgrade your Vitopod to the ultimate heated propagator. Ask us a question
Standard Heated Vitopod Propagators: 50 Watt Vitopod
Space for approx. 25 seed pots or 6 half seed trays
Standard, Single Height - L56cm x W55cm x H24cm
Standard, Double Height - L56cm x W55cm x H39cm
Standard Triple Height - L56cm x W55cm x H55cm
Deluxe Heated Vitopod Propagators: 100 Watt Vitopod
Space for approx. 55 seed pots or 12 half seed trays
100 Watt, Single Height - L111cm x W58cm x H24cm
100 Watt, Double Height - L111cm x W58cm x H39cm
100 Watt, Triple Height - L111cm x W58cm x H55cm
The Vitopod electric propagator delivers better germination rates, more effctive over-wintering and hassle-free hardening-off of young plants. It was designed by botanists and plant geneticists and is used by many commercial nurseries as well as amateur gardeners because the benefits are based on science.
Precision temperature control
The temperature of the Vitopod propagator is accurate to within 1C and it can be set between 5°C and 30°C, so you can provide the temperature required by your particular plants. When the sensor registers that the temperature has dropped below the set temperature it gently turns up the power to increase the heat without shocking the plants. When the sensor registers the temperature has increased above the set temperature it turns the heat off. This stable, gentle temperature control results in higher germination rates, faster growth and stronger plants.
The Vitopod delivers heat evenly so every seed tray receives the same level of heat. This even heat means that propagation success rate is higher because all of the seedlings or cuttings receive the correct temperature. Other electric propagators have a heating cable in the base which results in hot spots on top of the cable and cold spots in the parts between the heating cable. The Vitopod's even heat is achieved because the heating elements are tightly packed together.
The humidity vents in the Vitopod propagator lids and sides allow you to release the condensation that builds up without removing the whole lid which would waste electricity and expose the plants to too much cold. High levels of condensation can lead to seeds, young plants and cuttings rotting. This is especially a problem at higher propagation temperatures.
You can be confident that the Vitopod provides the perfect environment for propagating seeds, cuttings and over-wintering plants.
The maximum Mainland UK Delivery charge is £4.95
98% of our orders are delivered 2 workings days after the order is placed.
When your order is dispatched you will receive an email confirming the delivery date and a one hour delivery time slot (except for FeederMats, Nutrigrow replenishments, vouchers and seeds which are sent by Royal Mail)
UK Mainland Standard Delivery: £4.95*
UK Mainland Replenishment Delivery (FeederMats, Nutrigrow refills): £2.95*
For orders outside of the UK please click HERE:
You can add 'If Out' delivery instructions (e.g. leave in the garage) when you place your order. If you are not in and have not provided 'If Out' instructions the driver will leave a card with instructions of how to arrange re-delivery or collection from your local depot.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide instructions on how to return the goods. They must be returned in their original condition and packaging within 14 days of receipt and we will issue a full refund. (excluding the original delivery charge). If an item is damaged / faulty please notify us within 30 days.
N:B Definition of UK Mainland
UK Mainland is defined as postcodes on mainland England, Wales and Scotland excluding the following postcodes.
AB31-38, AB40-56, IV1-28 , IV30-32, IV36-49, IV51-56, IV63, KA27-28, KW, PA20-38, PA41-49, PA60-70, PH4-44, and PH49-50.
Delivery to the above postcodes incurs a surcharge, which will be displayed when you enter your postcode.
*We are charged a minimum of £15 for delivery to the above postcodes, Islands and Ireland and we cap our charge to those areas at £15