This multipurpose float valve is perfect for automatically maintaining a water level within a container. It's ideal used within the SmartReservoir tanks featured in our Quadgrow and Duogrow self watering planters but can also be used with deep trays and pet water troughs.
Our ingenious float valve automatically tops-up water in a planter, tray or drinking station. No power supply required. It can be used on any container with a minimum depth of 10cm.
The float valve can maintain any depth of water (minimum 25mm) depending on where you position the valve in the side wall of your chosen container.
How to use
- Push the float valve through a 21mm hole* in the vessel/container to be filled, the hole centre will be approximately 15mm above the water depth you wish to maintain
- Push one end of the tube supplied on to the threaded port of the float valve (fittings are supplied)
- Connect the other end of the tube supplied to the hose connecting tap on your chosen water butt/tank. Please note that you will need a hose connector tap on your water butt/tank.
- Position the water butt/tank at least 20cm above the height of the vessel you wish to fill, to maintain sufficient "head" water pressure
The kit includes the float valve with 1.8 metres of tubing and a tap connector fitting which itself is pre-fitted with a filter and barbed pipe reducer to suit the tubing supplied
* Note the reservoir tank / tray / trough to which you intend to fit the float valve will require a 21mm hole. Quadgrow & Duogrow 'SmartReservoir' tanks already feature this hole. If you intend to fit the Float Valve to your own vessel/container, it should be at least 10cm deep.
The water butt/tank you're topping-up from will need a hose connector tap suitable for push on (aka click fit) hose fittings. See picture below.
Our water butts already have these hose connector taps as standard.
The kit is not suitable for high pressure (mains or pump) water supply.