'Product Of The Year' - Chelsea Flower Show
'Best Buy' - Kitchen Garden Magazine
You'll be picking new potatoes week after week with this space saving Potato Grow Pot. Plant 3 seed potatoes in multi-purpose compost and watch your potatoes grow by lifting the inner pot out of the outer pot.
After 8 weeks your spuds will be ready for picking (10 weeks if the potatoes haven't been chitted). Simply lift the inner pot, pick the larger tubers and leave the small ones to grow on.
You'll be enjoying new potato harvest right up until the first frosts arrive!
1) Place the inner pot in the outer pot and half fill with a multi-purpose compost.
2) Plant 4 seed potatoes approx. 5cm from the outside of the pot and in the middle of each window.
3) Cover the potatoes over with more compost and water them thoroughly and place the Potato Pot in a warm and bright location.
4) As the shoots appear and get to between 5-10cm high cover them with compost.
5) Repeat this until the compost level is about 2-3cm from the top of the pot.
6) Continue to water regularly, preferably daily and feed with a liquid feed.
7) You can follow the development by lifting the inner pot up once the plants are well established (after approx. 5 weeks)
8) After approx. 10 weeks you can begin harvesting your own new potatoes - right up until the arrival of the first frost of the autumn.
9) To harvest, lift the inner pot and carefully remove the larger tubers, leaving more to grow.