This Add-On Kit connects easily to an existing Auto Fill Float Valve Kit (click for details) allowing you to connect a second unit to a common water butt/tank.
The float valve contained in the Add-On Kit can maintain any depth of water depending on where you place the valve in the container you are keeping topped-up, the minimum depth maintained is 25mm.
How to use
- Push the float valve through a 21mm hole* in the vessel/container to be filled, the hole centre will be approximately 15mm above the water depth you wish to maintain
- Push one end of the tube supplied on to the threaded port of the float valve (fittings are supplied)
- Cut the existing pipe from your original Auto Fill Float Valve Kit at a point close to the pipe connected to your water butt / tank
- Insert the T piece to rejoin the pipe and connect the new pipe supplied with the Add-On Kit on to the last remaining barbed connector on the T piece
The kit includes the float valve with 1.8 metres of tubing and a tap connector fitting which itself is pre-fitted with a filter and barbed pipe reducer to suit the tubing supplied
* Note the reservoir tank / tray / trough to which you intend to fit the float valve will require a 21mm hole. Quadgrow & Duogrow 'SmartReservoir' tanks already feature this hole. If you intend to fit the Float Valve to your own vessel/container, it should be at least 10cm deep.
The water butt/tank you're topping-up from, will need a hose connector tap suitable for push on (aka click fit) hose fittings. See picture below.
Our water butts already have these hose connector taps as standard.
The kit is not suitable for high pressure (mains or pump) water supply.